In addition to via Bluetooth, check out other simple ways to connect PlayStation 4 and 5 controls to your PC. The PlayStation 4 and the recently released PlayStation 5 are among the most popular consoles in the world, totaling more than 120 million devices sold worldwide.
How to Connect PlayStation 4 and 5 Controls to Your PC
But gamers don’t live on consoles alone. Today there is a part of the public that prefers to play on the PC, and with that, the possibility to connect PlayStation controls.
Still, many prefer to continue using their favorite controller during gambling. Today we’re going to show you three ways to connect PlayStation 4 and 5 controllers to your PC, check it out!
The DualShock 4, PlayStation 4 controller, can be used for all types of games, both from Steam and games from other platforms.
The recently launched DualSense 5 , from PlayStation 5, for now can only be used in Steam games, that is, the second method presented here is still exclusive for controlling the previous generation of Sony consoles.
- With Steam open, on the taskbar above, click “View” and select the “Big Picture Mode” option;
- When the screen opens, select the button with the gear ;
- Once this is done, locate the Control option and click on “ General Settings ”;
- Among the available options, click on “Activate Config. PlayStation controls ”;
- Insert the USB cable of your DualShock 4 or DualSense 5 in the PC and wait a moment;
- Steam automatically detects which model of the controller and is now ready to be used.
Games outside of Steam
To use the PlayStation 4 controller in non-Steam games, it is necessary to use a separate program that will map the buttons and allow their use.
- The first thing to do is access the DS4Windows website and click on the green button that says “ Download Now ”. With that, you will be directed to Github;
- On the new page, click on DS4Windows.zip and the download will start automatically;
- Find the file in the folder where it was saved, right-click and extract all its contents;
- In the created folder, you will find two files: DS4Updater (used to check for updates to the Driver) and DS4Windows. Select the second option. It may be that a screen asking for your permission is opened, then click “Yes”;
- On the open screen, select the first option “ Step 1: Install the DS4 Driver ” and wait for its installation;
- Okay, the installation is done and the PlayStation 4 controller can be used via cable. Recalling that the PlayStation 5 controller is not yet supported, but it may be that a future update will add this function.
Connecting via Bluetooth is very simple to do and works for both Sony family controls: both the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 controllers.
- There are two ways to access the PC’s Bluetooth page. You can go to the Windows search bar or press the Windows button together with the Q and type “Bluetooth”;
- On the screen that opens, click on “Add Bluetooth or another device”;
- Select the Bluetooth option;
- With your PlayStation 4 or 5 controller, hold the “ Share ” and “ PlayStation ” buttons at the same time, until the LEDs start flashing intermittently;
- When Windows picks up the control signal, select ” Wireless Controller ” from the list and wait;
- On the new screen, click on “Done” and your control is ready to be used.