During the month of Ramadan this year, Bukalapak is presenting a program entitled Good with Bukalapak which aims to optimize the existence of technology to make it easier for people to do good to others.
How to Pay Zakat and Donation Online via Bukalapak
This series of initiatives consists of innovative features, social activities , and educational programs related to religious and religious matters through BukaLive.
One of the features presented is that users can pay Zakat Fitrah through the BukaZakat feature starting April 13, 2021. For Zakat payments, users can choose the Zakat institution they want, including the National Zakat Agency (Baznas), NU Care Lazismu, Rumah Zakat, Dompet Dhuafa., as well as the Zakat Umat Center to pay zakat on income, zakat on assets (maal), to zakat fitrah in a safe, easy and reliable manner.
For how to pay zakat through the BukaZakat feature, users can follow the steps as follows:
- Click the Social & Community menu from Bukalapak’s home page and continue by selecting BukaZakat.
- Select the type of zakat you wish to pay.
- Enter the zakat amount as needed. A zakat calculator is also available to help users calculate the amount of zakat that has to be paid.
- Users will be directed to fill in income per month, additional income and bills or debt per month (if any). The system will display the amount that can be used to pay zakat, then click Use Amount to continue.
- Next select the zakat institution, and the full name of the zakat payer. If you want to make zakat payments as anonymous, check the “Tzakat as Anonymous” and continue by clicking Pay Zakat.
- The system will then display “Intention to Issue Zakat” to be read by the zakat payer, then the user can check “I have read my intention”, then click Pay Zakat.
- Finally, select the desired payment method and make a payment according to the nominal stated on the bill (paying zakat cannot be done by credit card and Kredivo payment methods ).
Apart from giving zakat, users can also set aside a portion of their fortune to help others through BukaDonasi. The results of the donations collected will be distributed directly by Baznas and the Pundi Amal Peduli Kasih Foundation (YPP) to those in need.
Zakat payments and donations can be made through various methods, ranging from bank transfers, BukaDompet, to payments at Indomaret, Alfamart and Pos Indonesia.
To access the BukaDonasi feature and distribute assistance, users can follow these steps:
- Select the Social & Community menu, then click Open Donation.
- Select aid and the agency you wish to channel.
- Click the button “Donate Come on!”, Then enter the desired nominal and click “Continue”
- Select the desired payment method, then click “Pay” and make a payment according to the method that has been selected.
- Donations that have been made will be processed and distributed by institutions that have been selected by donors.
Bukalapak CEO Rachmat Kaimuddin invites the public to take advantage of Bukalapak’s services and features during the month of Ramadan so that they can do good deeds and fulfill their religious obligations more easily and comfortably.
“For the BukaZakat and BukaDonasi features, our collaboration with a number of trusted zakat distribution agencies also allows us to distribute Zakat and donations from users more quickly and transparently,” he explained.